The primary goals of the Rocky Mountain Middle School Mathematics & Science Partnership (RM MSMSP) are:
- Provide professional learning courses and pedagogical structured follow-up for 600 or more middle school teachers over the five years of the partnership.
- Develop and provide 24 university graduate content credit hours of course work to increase teacher content knowledge and provide an avenue for middle school teachers to meet the “highly qualified” requirements of the federal No Child Left Behind legislation.
- Offer graduate content courses every semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) beginning Spring 2005.
- Offer graduate content courses on a schedule that allows participants to complete the courses in either science or math within 15 months
- Offer teacher participants in graduate content courses the flexibility of participating at a slower pace.
- Offer a Master’s degree option that includes graduate content courses completed through the RM MSSMP.
- Offer a Certificate in Middle School Mathematics and/or Science.